Job Title: Philanthropy Services Specialist
Does the idea of gathering, organizing, and analyzing data make you as excited as taking a selfie of you winning a million dollars? If so, keep reading.
Emancipet is seeking a talented individual to join our Philanthropy Team as the Philanthropy Services Specialist (PSS). The PSS will ensure a transformative giving experience for Emancipet’s donors through:
- the timely processing of gifts received at Emancipet’s seven local branches and the national office
- promptly acknowledging gifts
- ensuring that all donor and gift information is accurate and up to date
The PSS will interact professionally with donors, sponsors, and board members along with Emancipet staff. The PSS will be a key player in helping to grow Emancipet’s fundraising by assisting with prospect research and creating audience lists for direct-mail, email, and other fundraising campaigns.
Who We Are
Emancipet is on a mission to provide affordable and accessible veterinary care to all pet owners. We fill this mission by:
- Opening and operating clinics in underserved communities
- Training other clinics and animal-welfare organizations in how to increase their capacity, impact, and sustainability
- Advocating for strategies and public policy that improve the lives of pets in underserved communities.
Where We Are
Since 1999, we have safely spayed or neutered more than 300,000 dogs and cats. In 2017, we will care for more than 100,000 pets at low or no cost to their owners in Austin, Pflugerville, Killeen, Houston, and Philadelphia. And we are still on the move!
Is It You?
You may be our ideal Philanthropy Services Specialist if you meet the requirements listed below and if:
- On game night, you miss the two-minute warning because you are looking for the missing puzzle piece.
- You love graphs, diagrams, and flow charts — and not just for the pictures.
- Unlike most people whose eyes glaze over when they see a spreadsheet, you have a gift for running numbers and building beautiful, accurate spreadsheets.
- You would have absolutely no problem focusing on the task at hand in an open office with frequent four-legged visitors.
- You appreciate Emancipet’s mission, core values, and culture.
- A detail-oriented professional with experience in nonprofit data and gift management
- One-year minimum experience in Luminate CRM, or Raiser’s Edge, preferred but other donation management software applications will be considered
- Bonus points for experience with Luminate Online
- An understanding of fundraising best practices and principles
- Competency in all Microsoft office products
- Stellar time-management and communications skills
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends in support of fundraising events.
Send your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your interest to Cyndi Hughes, Director of Philanthropy, at [email protected]. Applications without cover letters will not be considered for the position.
Emancipet is an equal opportunity employer. The position is open until filled. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with awesomeness … and this position requires someone really awesome!