Help Pets In Need While You Celebrate Your (Or Your Pet’s) Big Day
Look atchu! It’s your birthday month, your pet’s gotcha day, or you’re celebrating another special day together. Stars are shining, plans are being made, this entire month is going to be amazing!
The great thing about birthdays and adoption days is that all eyes are on you. 🥳 Looking for a great way to use your birthday powers for good? Facebook and Instagram help turn your celebration into a giant party for not just you, but also the organizations you care about. It’s a great way to give back, and to inspire others to do the same on your behalf!
How Do I Create My Own Fundraiser for Emancipet?
You can create a fundraiser for Emancipet from a new Instagram post or story.
If your profile is public, your fundraiser will be visible to anyone. If your profile is private, only people who follow you will be able to see it and donate. However you choose to share, be sure to tell your story.
Are you an Emancipet client? Did our team help you out during a rough patch? Or do you just want to help pets and their families get vet care?
Whatever your reason — tell people about it. Let them know why their donation would mean so much to you on this day, and that every $16 they donate means one more pet gets the vet care they need.
- Open Instagram and tap New post.
- Create or choose your image and tap (Android) or Next (iPhone).
- Crop and filter your post, and then tap (Android) or Next (iPhone).
- Tap Add Fundraiser.
- Choose Emancipet. You’ll automatically go to the “Fundraiser Details” page.
- Enter the details for your fundraiser and then tap Done.
- Tap Done (Android) or Share (iPhone).
To fundraise via stories, tap New story, choose your image or video then add the Donation sticker and select Emancipet as your nonprofit. Post your story and you’re all set!
- Select https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers/ at the beginning of your birthday month, pet adoption month, or at least a few weeks before your big day.
- Select Emancipet to ask friends to donate to on your behalf. We have several clinics, select your favorite or our national page.
- Upload an image and why you love this cause for others to donate to, in lieu of a birthday gift.
- Select a monetary goal and a timeline for your fundraiser. There’s no perfect strategy for these types of campaigns, but we recommend at least $300 to start (you can always bump it up if your fundraiser takes off) and give the fundraiser at least 3 weeks to run. Pro Tip: Make sure your fundraiser is happening on your actual birthday, so as people wish you a happy birthday on your profile, your fundraiser will meet them at the top of your page!
- Hit save and share to your personal page! Be sure to manually invite a good selection of close friends and family once your fundraiser goes live. Early donations will serve as a great kick-off to your fundraiser.
Keep Friends Engaged and Provide Updates
Once your fundraiser begins and friends start donating, make sure you individually thank each person who contributes. Tag them on your initial post so they publicly see your gratitude. This will also let other friends know your fundraiser is active and being engaged with actively.
Who knows, it might motivate others to join in on the donation love, too.
At Emancipet, we routinely check out all the incredible fundraisers fans have created for us. We are so grateful for individuals who use their special day for good!
From the Emancipet team, congratulations on your big day and happy fundraising!