The Lead Veterinarian is responsible for the comfort and safety of all patients, and provides medical & professional leadership for the clinic, clients and community.
The Lead Veterinarian serves as the veterinarian of record for the clinic branch and is the direct supervisor for any veterinarians working at this facility. This role will provide support and training to staff, and ensure fidelity to our systems and SOPs. The Lead Veterinarian is responsible for sharing information, context, and data with all branch staff and veterinarians to support their training and understanding of their daily work.
As a key strategic player in fulfilling the short and long-term goals of Emancipet, the Lead Veterinarian will proactively reach out to and develop professional, friendly, and mutually-beneficial relationships with area veterinarians, promoting the clinics and our mission within the veterinary community.
Who We Need
Veterinarians who believe access to veterinary care should be attainable for every dog and cat! Emancipet is seeking awe-inspiring veterinarians to provide medical and/or surgical services in our newest clinic in Houston.
Emancipet Veterinarians are responsible for:
- Delivering outstanding medical and surgical care to all patients
- Sharing medical information with clients with compassion and empathy
- Promoting Emancipet and our mission within the veterinary community
Candidates must have a current DVM license and be eligible to obtain a license to practice veterinary medicine in Texas, as well as obtain a DEA license. We are seeking individuals who will help maintain our exceptional workplace culture, so do not let lack of experience stand in your way of applying – training is provided!
We offer excellent pay, benefits and professional development. Our days and hours of operation reflect the needs of our clients, so Saturdays and some early evenings will be required.
Is It You?
There’s a chance you may be our ideal Lead Veterinarian if you meet the description above, and if:
- You cannot wait to spread the Emancipet culture throughout the world, one clinic at a time.
- The only thing you take seriously is the responsibility to provide outstanding care to your patients and their families. After that, nothing is more important than a good laugh – even at yourself!
- Your nickname is the Energizer Bunny and even after a long day of helping families and their pets, you feel totally energized by the care that you provided to all of your amazing patients!
- You get that wonderful feeling of fulfillment when you have had the opportunity to provide care to a pet who has had limited, if any, medical care!
- You have a bunch of gross pictures on your phone (of surgeries!) that you can only share with other veterinarians!
- You would love to be part of a team that has fun every day, considers medical excellence a bottom line, and contends that an exceptional workplace culture is a must!
- You can’t wait for this posting to end so you can hurry up and apply!
Submit a detailed cover letter and resume by April 15, 2019, to Emancipet’s Houston VP, Angelita Sampaio. We are an equal opportunity employer. We are intentional in creating a diverse staff and leadership team, and work to create an inclusive environment for all employees.