Does this sound like you?
- You are a dynamic and compelling communicator – on camera or off, in front of an audience or just one on one, you have the ability to connect with and motivate just about anyone (and yet you’ve chosen to use this for good and not evil)
- You’ve got serious fundraising chops and a deep understanding of the philanthropy landscape in Houston – you’ve been looking for a cause and an organization you connect with deeply as your next big move
- Serving the underserved and making Houston a better place for people (and their pets) is a deep, personal passion for you
- You have spent at least six years in an executive leadership role in a mission driven business or non-profit organization with an annual budget of at least $3 million
If so, you might be our next Vice President, Emancipet Houston! Here’s the details:
Emancipet is a nonprofit that opens low cost pet clinics in underserved neighborhoods around the country. We are on a mission to make veterinary care affordable and accessible to all pet owners. These clinics offer essential preventive care including spay/neuter, vaccinations, healthy pet services and more. Our culture is based on the belief that all people love their pets and will do what’s best for them when given the opportunity, and our four Core Values: Compassionate Service, Excellence, Teaching & Learning, and Optimism.
As our Vice President, you would:
Lead Emancipet’s fundraising and business initiatives in Houston, where we currently operate one clinic and are opening our second this fall. During this critical time of opening our second location, our goals are to significantly increase admissions for low-cost spay/neuter and healthy pet services quickly in the new location and establish a broader base of donors and advocates in the community.
- Fundraising: You will serve as the “face” of the organization in the community and will tell the organization’s story in a compelling way to help acquire and retain donors, clients, volunteers, partners and other stakeholders. You will be supported by National Headquarters but will serve as the lead fundraiser on the ground. We’re looking for experience starting and growing a new fundraising program or initiative based on individual giving, and a willingness to engage in everything from major gifts work to grassroots events.
- Business: You will develop and implement a strategic business plan for the Houston area in alignment with the goals set by National Headquarters. This will include oversight of the first clinic to ensure it continues to grow and meet targets, and close management of the new clinic during its startup year. You will oversee the business plan and budget for the Houston clinics and develop and implement new strategies for meeting goals set with National Headquarters. Create positive transformations in staff and coach them to achieve more than they ever imagined by actively demonstrating servant leadership practices. Grow both clinics to serve more underserved and lower income families and their pets each year. Partner with area shelters, animal and human service organizations, and others to develop mutually beneficial, mission-critical programs and services.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Six+ years in an executive leadership role in a mission driven business or non-profit organization with an annual budget of at least $3 million.
- Quantifiable fundraising experience and/or experience building and enhancing relationships with funding sources and key partners to include community, corporate and/or government entities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to results driven accomplishments.
- Love in action and words of people, cats and dogs.
Great! In order to be considered, please upload a cover letter about your interest and experience along with a resume to the apply link on our indeed.com posting.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We love diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.