This seminar was formerly known as Next Generation Leadership: Creating & Holding Space for Success.
- What We’ll Cover Together
- Who Should Attend
- When & Where
- Meet Your Presenter
- FAQs & Support
- Cost & Registration
Leadership is, more often than not, the lynchpin that keeps the wheels of an organization from falling off. Most of us have been sold on inspirational, natural born, and visionary leaders. But what if you’re not a gifted orator, a charismatic extrovert, or someone who sees the future? Does that mean you’re excluded from the practice of leadership? We say “No way!” and have designed two content-packed days so that people just like you can sharpen their minds and skills to exercise leadership with positive impact.
Over the course of this seminar, you’ll complete and explore the results of two individual assessments and figure out how to define problems to make addressing them more manageable. You’ll articulate what it is you value most in your life and investigate a somewhat revolutionary framework for the practice of leadership. You’ll leave with new insights into your own potential as a practitioner of leadership, ready to tackle messy problems, transform your organization, and navigate the risks of putting yourself out there to make the world a better place.
This seminar has been pre-approved for Certified Animal Welfare Administrator continuing education credits (12 CE hours) by The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement.
Anyone on a management career track, experienced managers, and folks eager to expand their skills and deepen their understanding of leadership concepts and principles.
If any of these sound familiar, this might be the seminar for you:
- You have struggled – or you are struggling – with persistent workplace challenges that seem straightforward but resist your best efforts.
- You’re ready to make the leap from plain old management to real live leadership.
- You know there is a better way, you just don’t quite have the words for what that way is.
- You’ve barely got a minute in your average day to reflect on what’s working, what’s not, and what’s next.
- Day 1: Monday, February 10, 2020 – 8:30am to 5pm
- Day 2: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 – 8:30am to 5pm
The seminar will be held in Austin, TX. Exact location details are coming soon!
Stay tuned for more info!
Emancipet CCO – B.J. Rogers
B.J. Rogers is a nonprofit veteran with 20 years of leadership experience in human services, animal welfare, and social change. B.J. leads Emancipet’s public/field-facing training and the internal training and development of our dedicated team. He has spent 12 years in the animal welfare field, most recently as a Vice President at the ASPCA leading the organization’s online training and support of animal welfare professionals.
- Can I register more than one attendee for the same seminar? Because our seminars are highly interactive and involve full-group discussions, we encourage organizations who intend to send more than one person to a seminar to carefully consider how pre-existing relationships, organizational structures, and power differentials may effect an individual’s capacity to participate and share openly and fully. In the end, you know your people and they know each other (and hopefully themselves!) – and we trust your judgment. So, if you’ve read this and feel a-ok about sending multiple people to the same training (and don’t let us discourage you!), then register away!
- Will there be food at the seminar? Yes. We will provide coffee, snacks, beverages, and lunch on both days.
- What should I wear? Our only recommendation is that you dress comfortably and casually.
- Do I need to bring anything? Just a smile and an open mind!
If you have questions or need assistance with registration, please email us at [email protected].
The cost to register $600/person, which includes lunch on both days of the seminar and all seminar materials. Please note that the last day to register is January 26th, 2020.
Begin your registration below!