Who We Need
Calling all veterinarians who believe access to veterinary care should be attainable for every dog and cat! Emancipet is seeking awe-inspiring veterinarians to provide medical and/or surgical services in our second clinic in Houston.
Emancipet is a nonprofit on a mission to make veterinary care affordable and accessible to all pet owners. As we grow, we are searching for Veterinarians who will fulfill our mission and will experience true joy in doing so!
Emancipet Veterinarians are responsible for:
- Delivering outstanding care to all dogs and cats under our care
- Sharing medical information with clients with compassion and empathy
- Promoting Emancipet and our mission within the veterinary community
Candidates must have a DVM and be eligible to obtain a license to practice veterinary medicine in Texas. We are seeking individuals who will fit and help maintain our exceptional workplace culture, so do not let lack of experience stand in your way of applying – training is provided!
We offer excellent pay, benefits and professional development. Our days and hours of operation reflect the needs of our clients, so Saturdays and some early evenings will be required.
Is It You?
There’s a chance you may be our ideal veterinarian if you meet the description above, and if:
- The only thing you take seriously is the responsibility to provide outstanding care to your patients and their families. After that, nothing is more important than a good laugh – even at yourself!
- Your nickname is the Energizer Bunny and even after a long day of helping families and their pets, you feel totally energized by the care that you provided to all of your amazing patients!
- You get that wonderful feeling of fulfilment when you have had the opportunity to provide care to a pet who has had limited, if any, medical care!
- Even though you often find yourself teaching others, you love learning a new skill whether it is medical, surgical or leadership-related!
- You have a bunch of gross pictures on your phone (of surgeries!) that you can only share with other veterinarians!
- You would love to be part of a team that has fun every day, considers medical excellence a bottom line, and contends that an exceptional workplace culture is a must!
- You can’t wait for this posting to end so you can hurry up and apply!
We would enjoy hearing from you. Send a resume AND a cover letter explaining why you are a perfect fit for this position to Chief Medical Officer, Holly Putnam.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are intentional in creating a diverse staff and leadership team, and work to create an inclusive environment for all employees. You belong here!